Sunday, December 29, 2013

So, Why the Silence?

So, my only excuse for radio silence in the last two weeks is the flu.  It's nasty to be trapped in bed for 6 days without the energy to actually accomplish anything.  And I had every opportunity to try.

I have the sweetest spouse, and like any engineer believes that having the right tool will make you more productive.  And in his mind, what better time to be more productive than when you're laid up in bed all day.  So with a gleam in his eye he went to work.  He had rigged the Bose to an Iphone and a Kindle HD with bluetooth to a desktop so that I had internet, TV, radio, a telephone and a laptop with wireless printing.  I could tell by his smile that he was so proud of how "conducive" he had designed my work environment for my confinement.  Alas, he knew I was truly sick when he returned from work at the end of the evening.  Nothing had moved and I lay moaning but not aware enough to be bored.  The next day his wonder turned to worry and he pondered aloud if he should call the doctor when my phone didn't go dead though I had forgot to plug it in all day.

With much prayer and patience, my confinement finally lifted two days before Christmas Eve, and we made the long trek north for the Holidays.  And thanks to Lysol and seclusion, no one else came down with the dreaded sickness.  So now I'm not sick, but I'm still behind on my work.  But all is right with the world.  My family got a few days off from Holiday preparations, and my household once again understands how important it is to have Mom healthy.  In all, my house might be messier.  But I haven't felt this loved in a long time.

Now, if he could just rig up some device that would do my laundry?

No comments:

Post a Comment